"Pest Birds and their associated debris are a known source of bacteria and insects"
- South Australian Family Owned and Operated, Established in 1986.
- Safe Treatments for your Family, Pets and the Environment
- Fast and Efficient Service with Guaranteed Appointment times to suit your lifestyle
- Guaranteed Fixed Price with No Hidden Extra Costs
- All Treatments come Backed by Industry Leading Re-Treatment Warranties
- Fully Licensed Company and Technicians by the South Australian Department of Health
Adelaide Commercial Bird Control, Guaranteed!
Associated Problems with birds:
Pest Birds and their associated debris are known to be a source of bacteria and insects, which are harmful to humans.
Some examples are:
- Salmonella – typhoid like intestinal infection.
- Ornithosis – symptoms range from flu like illness to pneumonia.
- Bird fanciers lung – an allergic condition caused by exposure to dust inhaled from bird debris.
- Cryptococosis – This is a very serious illness. It begins as a lung infection but can progress to the meninges of the brain causing Meningitis
- Escherichia Coli (E-Coli) -This is contracted orally by ingesting food or water contaminated with a pathogenic strain shed by an infected person or animal. Recent research at Lancaster University UK has linked its spread to gulls.
- Bird Nests – can be the source of many unpleasant insects including fleas, mites, lice, some beetle and flies. It is not uncommon that secondary insect infestations result in bites to people using the areas which are located close to nesting or roosting sites.
At Allstate, we use a range of solutions for each individual case.
Some examples are:
Bird Netting is one of the most effective ways to completely restrict pest birds in a humane fashion. Netting is versatile as it can be used vertically, horizontally or diagonally and is often used in high level infestations to completely displace pest birds from certain areas.
When installing netting we have three different sizes to choose from 19mm, 50mm and 75mm and different colours to match building facades. Frames can also be made to install netting to difficult areas. Correctly installed netting systems do not physically harm the birds, they just frustrate and encourage them to move on.
Pest birds usually land and spend most of their time on the leading edges of a building. Hanging over a leading edge ensures pest birds are protected from predators and they can over look their territory and scavenge for food. Bird Spikes prevent birds from settling by creating an insecure area for landing. Bird Spikes can be installed to prevent birds from roosting on exposed ledges, sills, steel beams, girders and other leading edges.
There are several types of bird spikes, (translucent, polycarbonate, steel, girder and gutter). All spikes are UV protected and come in different sizes and shapes for each individual application.
Bird Jolt Flat Track is a low profile, electrical track system that produces a mild electrical shock when birds land on its surface. Bird Jolt Flat Track’s discreet design is ideal for use in areas where aesthetics are a concern; it measures ¼” at its highest point. The electric track can be installed to virtually any surface. The track is made from a flexible UV protected PVC base that can easily conform to curved or straight surfaces. The system is powered by an A.C. charger or solar charger.
When birds land on the Bird Jolt Flat Track, they receive a mild shock that will not harm them, but will condition them to stay away from the area.
This system consists of tensioned Stainless Steel wires that are secured between posts. As the pest birds try to land feet first they encounter the unstable wire and are deterred from trying to land on exposed ledges, sills, steel beams, girders and other leading edges of a building.
Ideal for new buildings as it is a discreet and effective system to bird-proof properties. The components of this system are UV protected stainless steel and plastic.
Physical removal of nesting materials and fouling, we also perform a treatment using Bio-degradeable formulation to remove disease organisms associated with pest birds and staining.
There are many other options for bird pest control and Allstate can help, please contact one of our friendly staff for a free no obligation consultation.